Bengali Recipe,

Bengali Rosogolla | Rasgulla - Bengali Vegetarian Sweet & Dessert

April 11, 2018 Unknown 0 Comments


Rosogolla | Rasgulla – Very tasty Bengali Sweet & Dessert



Rosogolla or Rasgulla is a famous Indian particularly Bengali Sweet or dessert made with freshly made cottage cheese.
Being a Bengali I have an eternal relationship with Rasgulla or we call it Rosogolla. I love it more because it is less calorie preparation than the other Indian sweets.  Rosogolla always brings a smile on my face. I have a major sweet tooth now.  But in my childhood I was not a hard core sweet fan. I love fried food more over sweet and dessert. I prefer fried food so much that I always have agreement with my brother (who is a die-hard sweet lover) that I will give my sweet portion to him instead of sweet I will take back his fried snack portion. But When I uprooted from Kolkata I realise what I miss and Rasgulla is one of it. Since then I have started making Rasgulla and here is my version of classic Rosogolla or Rasgulla .
Ingredients:
For Cheese Ball (Rosogolla)
Fresh Cottage cheese (Chana) 1cup
Refined flour 1 tsp. (substitute: cornstarch/semolina)
Green cardamom powder a pinch
Sugar 1 tsp.

For Thin Sugar Syrup
Sugar 1cup
Water 5 cup + 1cup extra

For Thick Sugar Syrup
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1cup

Instructions:
·         First make thin sugar syrup. Take a heavy bottom pan and add sugar and water and bring it into boil.
·         In the meantime take all of the fresh cottage cheese, refined flour, green cardamom powder and sugar in a plat big plate.
·         Now crumble everything and mix roughly. Then using your heal of palm knead the “chana” or cheese until you will get smooth cheese.  It will take roughly 6-8 minutes.
·         Just make a ball out of it if you see crack that means you need to knead more and if you don’t then stop kneading (you will see your plate and palm become greasy)but be careful do not over knead it (see the video )
·         Take out even size portion out of it but keep in mind it will puff up 2 times larger after cooking.
·         Now start adding cheese balls in thin sugar syrup from the middle. The sugar syrup should be boiling and keep the stove temperature maximum.
·         If you are making large quantities then boil those in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan.
·         Now cover with a tight lid and  boil 15 minutes at maximum temperature and  keep a cup boiling hot water handy.
·         After 15 mins open the lid and gently flip those rasgullas (be very careful at this time rosogollas are very fragile) and add a cup of hot water. Then set the stove temperature to medium.
·         Now in a other sauce pan add a 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water (1:1) and bring it into boil until sugar dissolved and make a thick sugar syrup.
·         Now again cover with the lid and boil it 20-25 minutes until all the rosogollas are cooked.
·         After 20 minutes take a glass of normal water and add one rosogolla into the water if that rosogolla sink down into water that means it’s ready if not then boil another 5 mins.
·         Now transfer the rosogollas into thick sugar syrup while rosogolla and the syrup should be hot.
·         Now you can enjoy warm rosogolla or refrigerate and enjoy.

0 comments: